Rules governing contests and giveaways
Please note that individual contests may have additional or updated rules.
- Contest open only to legal residents of the U.S. residing in the states of Michigan and Ohio. Employees Of WMUZ Radio, Inc, Crawford Broadcasting Company, WMUZ, WMUZ-FM, WRDT, WCHB, any of their respective affiliated companies, their franchisees, parents, equity holders, subsidiaries, employees, officers, directors, partners and advertising and promotional agencies involved in this promotion, members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children and their spouses, regardless of where they live) of such employees or persons who reside in the same household whether related or not, are not eligible to participate.
- In order to claim all prizes, winners must present at least one form of valid government issued identification to verify information given to the talent or producer at the time of winning and sign an affidavit of release. If its is first time winning, WINNER MUST ALSO BRING SOCIAL SECURITY CARD OR SOME GOVERNMENT ISSUED IDENTIFICATION WITH THE SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER ON IT. If winner does not have proper identification or the affidavit is not signed, the prize will not be awarded.
- Winners are responsible for all taxes on cash and prizes.
- All prizes must be picked up between 9am and 5pm, Monday thru Friday excluding holidays. All prizes must be picked up by date stated by personality or producer at time of winning or within five business days after notification by station representative or the prize is forfeited.
- Once you win on any station (WMUZ, WMUZ-FM, WRDT or WCHB) you cannot win on another Crawford Broadcasting Company Detroit station for ninety days.
- One winner per station, per family, per household every ninety days.
- All winners must come in person to claim their prize. If you are unable to come in person, you may send an agent to pick up your prize with a signed letter from you authorizing that person to pick up your prize. Your agent must bring a copy of your government issued I.D. as well. The agent must have their own form of identification.
- If the winner is under 18 years of age, he or she must be accompanied by a parent or guardian with proper identification to claim prize.
- Prizes may not be traded, sold, and prize is not substitutable or exchangeable. Prize details are subject to change. All costs and expenses related to accepting the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- By participating, entrants agree to the use of their name, address and or likenesses for advertising purposes without notice or compensation, and as a condition of their claiming any prize be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and publicity release. Each entrant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless WMUZ Radio, Inc., Crawford Broadcasting Company, and its member teams or any of their respective franchisees, affiliates, parents, equity holders, subsidiaries, prize suppliers, employees, officers, directors, partners and advertising and promotional agencies from any and all claims or damages arising out of participation in this contest and use/misuse after acceptance or possession of prizes received in this contest.
- In cases of concert or event cancellations. Crawford Broadcasting Company, WMUZ, WMUZ-FM, WRDT and WCHB are not responsible for event cancellations. WMUZ, WMUZ-FM, WRDT and WCHB will not replace tickets in the event of a cancellation, but the 90 day rule will not apply in the event of a cancellation. No purchase is ever necessary to win.
- Crawford Broadcasting Company, WMUZ, WMUZ-FM, WRDT and WCHB are not responsible for replacing or reimbursing winners with any form of compensation for flights or prize events that are canceled, rescheduled or delayed. All cancellations are deemed beyond the control of radio stations and its sponsors. This includes, but is not limited to, event cancellations, schedule changes, flight cancellations, changes in travel arrangements, travel delays of any form and duration, as well as all delays or cancellations due to acts of nature, terrorism (including threats), illness or war. The radio stations are not responsible for any expenses incurred by contest winners as a result of such cancellations, delays or other circumstances beyond our control. However, the 90 day rule will not apply in the event of such event cancellations, delays or rescheduling.
- Any tickets awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer or sponsor.
- Except by the radio stations, which reserves the right in sole discretion to substitute a prize or prize portion with another prize or prize portion of greater or equal value, prize(s) may not be redeemed for cash, substituted, transferred or assigned, except as may be determined by the radio stations at their or its sole and absolute discretion on a case-by-case basis.
- All prize(s) will have a declared value which is established by the radio stations in their sole discretion. All prize(s) are awarded “AS-IS” without any warranty of any kind and any such warranties are herein affirmatively disclaimed.
Odds of winning depend upon the how the Contest is conducted. For random drawings, the odds of winning will depend upon the number of entries received.
- If for any reason a Contest cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, unavailability of prizes, or any other causes beyond the control of the radio stations that may corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, or if the Contest is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the radio stations reserve the right, but not the obligation, to cancel, terminate, suspend, and/or modify the Contest without prior notice. If the Contest is terminated before the original end date, the radio stations reserve the right, in its sole discretion to, to modify the procedure for selecting winners, unless the nature of the event giving rise to such termination renders it impossible to select winner(s).
- All contestant telephone calls to the radio stations will be recorded and may be played back on the air for promotional purposes. By participating in a contest, each contestant automatically grants the radio stations the right to publicize the contestant’s name, likeness and voice through any medium without royalty or other remuneration for such use. in addition, each contestant also hereby waives any right to inspect or approve the finished copy of any media, broadcast, advertising material and/or any radio stations use of such recorded material in its sole discretion.
- By participating in the contest and/or accepting the prize(s), each contestant acknowledges that there could be certain considerations and/or risks associated with the contest and/or winning the prize(s) and further acknowledges that it is the contestant’s responsibility to abide by all terms of general and/or specific contest rules (as applicable) and exercise any safety precautions associated with contest participation and/or winning prize(s). Therefore, for good and valuable consideration the sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged each contestant, and his or her heirs, agents and assigns agree to hold harmless the radio stations and their respective affiliates subsidiaries, employees, agents, owners, officers, directors, prize provider(s)and/or sponsor(s), event location operators and their respective assigns from any and/all claims, liabilities, demands, attorney’s fees or other unforeseen acts of any kind whatsoever, including but not limited to any restrictions or requirements of providers, of the contest participation and judging, and/or winning or awarding prize(s, and any other consideration, that may result from, the contest participation and/or the winning of prize(s).
- Any prize that consists of an opportunity to meet with, participate in an activity with, interview or have similar interaction with any celebrity (other than radio station employees) is contingent upon the celebrity appearing for such activity/event, which is beyond the radio stations’ control. Radio station is not responsible if a winner and/or his/her guests are unable to meet such celebrity or participate in the associated activity if the celebrity determines this is not allowable for any reason or fails to appear/participate for any reason, including without limitation any illness, act of god, scheduling conflict or any other reason, radio station is not responsible for such portion of the prize, which has no monetary value, and no alternate prize will be awarded and the event/activity will not be rescheduled. In the event that radio station elects, at its sole discretion, to attempt to reschedule any such event/activity or offer an alternative prize, the radio stations will have no obligation whatsoever to offer any other alternate prize if such attempt to reschedule or other offer is not accepted by or utilized by winner for any reason whatsoever.
If you need to make arrangements to collect your prize or have further questions, please call our business office during regular business hours at 313-272-3434.
Share with your friends
103.5FM | WMUZ | The Light